Porter - Daintree
Silky Oaks Lodge, set among the world’s oldest rainforest, is just 20 minutes from Port Douglas. Silky has just undergone a $20 million refurbishment and reopened in December 2021, we are now searching for an experienced and motivated person to join our team.
- Meet and greet of guests upon arrival
- Providing information, advice, guidance and assistance on the local area to guests
- Coordination and transportation of guests’ luggage and belongings to/from rooms
- Shuttle bus transportation to Port Douglas for guests
- Treat all guests as individuals, providing tailor made and highly personalised services that create memorable experiences.
What we’re looking for
- Efficient and highly effective guest relations skills
- Full Driver’s License Essential
- QLD Drivers Authority – existing or willing to obtain
- Knowledge of the local area would be advantageous
- Ability to work without supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to product specifications
- Physically able to lift and carry luggage
Silky Oaks lodge is part of the Baillie Lodges group. Our portfolio of intimate and remarkable award-winning lodges in unique destinations consists of Capella Lodge on Lord Howe Island, Longitude 131° at Australia’s spiritual heart, Uluru-Kata Tjuta, New Zealand’s iconic Huka Lodge and Clayoquot Wilderness Lodge on Vancouver Island, Canada.
If you want to join a team that is passionate and driven then Apply Today!