Guide Manager - Coles Bay, Tasmania
Guide Manager at Saffire Freycinet
- Live and work in one of Tasmania’s most scenic and pristine world-class environments
- Lead a dedicated team of passionate professionals in industry recognised guided activities
- Develop your career with training and support in a stable award–winning workplace
Saffire Freycinet is a world class luxury coastal sanctuary with a sophisticated and intimate style and offers an inspirational experience. It is a place of rejuvenation, enrichment, and relaxation – and a property where career seeking hospitality and tourism professionals are truly valued.
Saffire is based on the East Coast of Tasmania a 10 minute drive from the holiday town of Coles Bay, including world-famous Wineglass Bay in Freycinet National Park and 2.5 hours drive from both Hobart in the South of the state and Launceston in the North.
As the manager for the dedicated guiding team you will be responsible for coordinating the function including rostering, guiding logistics, safety, and the onboarding and training of new guides, along with continually adapting our offering to the needs of each individual guest. As part of the Saffire leadership team you will contribute to both operational delivery and longer-term planning to ensure ongoing success.
With an impressive list of awards and accolades in Saffire’s repertoire, most recently Trip Advisor Traveller’s Choice™ 2018 Winner for Best Luxury Hotel in Australia and Best Luxury Hotel in South Pacific, and Tourism Australia’s 2017 “Best Luxury Hotel”, we are inviting you to become part of this exceptional experience.
Activities are fundamental to Saffire’s ongoing success with multiple small group (and individual tailored) guest experiences directly coordinated by the guiding function. These are activity resort-based nature trips ranging from guided walks into Wineglass Bay and surrounds, through to marine farm tours (2018 Lonely Planet – top 13 out of 500 world food experiences), through to kayaking and clay target shooting amongst others.
Our guiding team requires skilled, dynamic and engaging individuals who will be responsible for delivering the highest level of guest experience in Australia. Along with existing activity-based guiding experience, to be a successful coordinator you will have;
- Exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and the capacity to change plans at short notice
- The ability to learn and impart knowledge onto others
- The desire to positively lead and contribute to a strong team culture
- The ability to engage guests and ensure their needs are exceeded
- High level of physical fitness
- Preferably experience in a Luxury Lodge/resort in a similar role
- Access to own transport
Along with exceptional development opportunities this position attracts benefits of fully subsidised staff accommodation and on-shift meals.
To apply, visit www.saffire-freycinet.com.au (careers section).
If you require further information or have questions, please contact Saffire General Manager Ross Boobyer via email email@example.com