Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley - At a Glance
Blue Mountains Luxury Lodge Accommodation
Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is an ultra-luxury conservation-based resort, located 2.5 hours’ drive from Sydney (190kms) in the World Heritage-listed Greater Blue Mountains region. Set on 7,000 acres of conservation and wildlife reserve in the Blue Mountains, the carbon-neutral resort combines a luxury escape with a quintessentially Australian bush experience.
"It's not until the valley opens up before us and the resort finally comes into view that it becomes clear why Emirates has chosen this special place."
Ley Butterworth - The Australian
Occupying just one per cent of the total land area, the resort features 40 elegantly appointed villas reminiscent of the Federation period, each with its own private swimming pool, double-sided fireplace and private verandah with stunning valley views.
A Main Homestead features various dining settings including the magnificent Wolgan Dining Room with panoramic views; The Country Kitchen, a providore-style casual restaurant; the Valley Bar & Terrace; a walk-in wine cellar with over 150 carefully selected wines and the Creekside Room, a private dining area for up to 12 guests.
The resort’s food philosophy, based on seasonal, regional and where possible organic produce from within a 100 mile (160km) radius, showcases exceptional Australian fare. The menu changes according to season and various ingredients are incorporated from the resort’s very own kitchen garden.
Offering ultimate relaxation is the resort’s One&Only Spa – with an extensive range of exquisite treatments designed to revitalise the mind, body and soul the spa incorporates specialised techniques from Australia’s own Sodashi skin care range to offer a unique and enriching experience.
The unique blend of native wildlife, dramatic landscapes and heritage, can be explored through a range of activities including wildlife safaris, nature walks, heritage tours, mountain biking and horse riding. Guests are also invited to take part in conservation work alongside the resort’s expert field guides.
A Blue Mountains luxury escape, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley receives multiple awards and accolades annually particularly for their work in conservation and sustainability:
- TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award 2019 - Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley awarded:
- #5 in ‘Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Australia’
- #11 in ‘Top 25 Hotels in Australia’
- #24 in ‘Top Hotels for Romance in Australia’
- #8 in ‘Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the South Pacific’
- 2018 Australian Hotels Association (AHA) National Awards for Excellence – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley recognized for ‘Best Deluxe Accommodation’ and Executive Chef Nancy Kinchela was recognised as ‘National Chef of the Year’
- World Travel Awards (Asia & Australasia) 2018 – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley won ‘Australia’s Leading Resort’
- Hospitality Management (HM) Awards of Excellence – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley recognised as 'Best Day Spa'
- Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley honoured as Regional Deluxe Hotel of the Year and Executive Chef Nancy Kinchela was recognised as Chef of the Year
- The Telegraph (UK) The ULTRAs 2018 – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley ranked amongst the ‘Best Hotels in Australasia’
- Travel+Leisure China Travel Awards 2018 – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley listed as one of the Most Popular Overseas Hotels
- Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering National Awards of Excellence – Awarded Best Restaurant in a Regional Hotel/Resort for Wolgan Dining Room
- NSW Government Sustainability Advantage Program – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley has been awarded Bronze status
- 2018 World Spa & Wellness Awards (UK) – One&Only Spa at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley recognized as the ‘Hotel Spa of the Year: Asia & Australasia’
- TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards – Ranked #5 in Top 25 Hotels in Australia and ranked #9 in Top 25 Hotels in South Pacific
“The suites combine simplicity with opulence...it’s tempting just to spend the weekend lying in state, charting the change of light on the cliffs... Whether it’s at dawn, midday or dusk, the first impression of this place brings back old meaning to the word ‘awesome.” Sally Feldman, Vogue Entertaining and Travel