Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley - At a Glance
Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is an ultra-luxury conservation-based resort, located 2.5 hours’ drive from Sydney (190kms) in the World Heritage-listed Greater Blue Mountains region. Set on 7,000 acres of carbon-neutral conservation and wildlife reserve, the resort combines absolute luxury with a quintessentially Australian bush experience.
"It's not until the valley opens up before us and the resort finally comes into view that it becomes clear why Emirates has chosen this special place."
Ley Butterworth - The Australian
Occupying just one per cent of the total land area, the resort features 40 elegantly appointed villas reminiscent of the Federation period, each with its own private swimming pool, double-sided fireplace and private verandah with stunning valley views.
A Main Homestead features various dining settings including the magnificent Wolgan Dining Room with panoramic views; The Country Kitchen, a providore-style casual restaurant; the Valley Bar & Terrace; a walk-in wine cellar with over 150 carefully selected wines and the Creekside Room, a private dining area for up to 12 guests.
The resort’s food philosophy, based on seasonal, regional and where possible organic produce from within a 100 mile (160km) radius, showcases exceptional Australian fare. The menu changes according to season and various ingredients are incorporated from the resort’s very own kitchen garden.
Offering ultimate relaxation is the resort’s One&Only Spa – with an extensive range of exquisite treatments designed to revitalise the mind, body and soul the spa incorporates specialised techniques from Australia’s own Sodashi skin care range to offer a unique and enriching experience.
The unique blend of native wildlife, dramatic landscapes and heritage, can be explored through a range of activities including wildlife safaris, nature walks, heritage tours, mountain biking and horse riding. Guests are also invited to take part in conservation work alongside the resort’s expert field guides.
Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley receives multiple awards and accolades annually:
- TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards – Ranked #5 in Top 25 Hotels in Australia and ranked #9 in Top 25 Hotels in South Pacific
- World Spa Awards (Global) 2017 – One&Only Spa at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley recognized as ‘Australia’s Best Resort Spa 2017’
- Enviromark – Outstanding performance in Carbon Management
- Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence – honoured as Regional Deluxe Hotel of the Year, Health Club and Spa Facility of the Year and Hall of Fame for Best Environmental Practices
- Hospitality Management (HM) Awards of Excellence – recognised as 'Best Australian Lodge' and 'Best Day Spa'
- Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards of Excellence (NSW) 2017 – awarded Best Restaurant in a Regional Hotel/Resort for Wolgan Dining Room
- Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Readers’ Choice Awards 2017 – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley ranked #5 amongst the ‘Top Overseas Hotel Spa in Australasia and The South Pacific’
- Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Readers’ Choice Awards 2017 – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley ranked #77 amongst the ‘The World's Top 100’
- Savour Australia Restaurant and Catering Awards – Wolgan Dining Room recognised as Best Regional Restaurant in a Hotel/Resort
“The suites combine simplicity with opulence...it’s tempting just to spend the weekend lying in state, charting the change of light on the cliffs... Whether it’s at dawn, midday or dusk, the first impression of this place brings back old meaning to the word ‘awesome.” Sally Feldman, Vogue Entertaining and Travel