Spa Therapist - qualia Hamilton Island - Hamilton Island
Spa qualia is a luxurious, contemporary 5-star spa set in a stunning natural environment on Hamilton Island.
Renowned internationally, spa qualia has been honoured by several of the world’s leading travel and leisure publications including Australian Gourmet Traveller and Conde Nast Traveller UK & USA.
We are currently seeking a professional and highly qualified experienced therapist who is committed to providing a high standard of excellence and have the passion to offer a deeper sensory experience to every guest.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you and you would like to be part of a dynamic award winning team and live the dream, then this is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed.
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program – pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
About the role
- Providing impeccable service to meet the expectations of qualia’s guests
- Have a strong and thorough knowledge of all products used, treatments and services offered by the Spa
- Meet the weekly and monthly retail targets set down in the Spa budget
- Conduct soft tissue body massages of the muscles, tendons and ligaments to assist in healing
- Administer spa treatments to promote relaxation, improve circulation and relieve muscle tension
- Ensure sufficient stocks of appropriate linen, robes, and slippers are available at all times, and arrange laundering as required
- Keep all internal and external areas of the Spa clean, tidy and hygienic
- MUST have minimum of two years Luxury Spa experience
- Impeccable grooming and presentation is essential
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalise treatments to guest’s concerns
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills
- Use initiative and proactive and positive attitude to assist team members to ensure operations run smoothly
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Massage Therapy essential
- Certification in Deep Tissue and/or Remedial Massage essential
- A good understanding of spa culture, and the health and well being industry
- Training in Priori & Subtle Energies and/or Sodashi (preferred)
- Dedicated to stay minimum of 12 months & passionate about progressing in career
Click “apply” or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island