Sous Chef - Spicers Peak Lodge - Maryvale
- Luxury retreat is located in Maryvale, QLD
- 4 day working week!
- Staff accommodation available!
Let’s get straight to the good stuff. Why work for one of the country’s most desirable hotel brands if you can’t taste the fruit for yourself? When you work for Spicer’s Retreats, we’ll give you:
- 2 free stays each year at any Spicers Retreat in QLD or NSW
- Ongoing discounts on accommodation, restaurants and day spas
- Family and friend discounts
- On site accommodation for specific roles
- Gala Awards Night in recognition of achievement
- Quarterly ‘Spice Days’ – fun days away from work
We have an exciting new opportunity at The Peak Restaurant. As the Sous Chef, you will be an integral part of delivering our dining experience to our guests, whether it be for a conference, leisure group or for our dining offering.
About The Peak Restaurant…
Perched atop a mountain on 8,000 acres in Queensland high country and just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane CBD, Spicers Peak Lodge offers an exclusive, intimate Australian wilderness lodge experience. The Lodge sits 1,100 metres above sea level with views across to the surrounding peaks. From untouched rainforest and rugged mountain escarpments to the pristine backdrop of World Heritage Listed national park and ancient volcanic regions, there is no shortage of unspoiled wilderness to experience and admire.
With such a uniquely Australian setting it’s only fitting that our restaurant, The Peak, is an exceptional dining experience. With a menu created by our talented Executive Chef Karl Reyes and using only the best of Australian produce sourced as locally as possible, this is truly dining at the height of luxury.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Deliver our in house dining menu inspired by local ingredients, prepared utilising creative preparation techniques.
- Curating an unforgettable and personalised experience for our guests from start to finish.
- Support leading the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Stocktake and Ordering
This is how you’ll know you’re right for this role
- Chef trade qualification (essential).
- Previous experience as a Sous chef in a high end or fine dining, hatted environment
- Ability to lead a kitchen team during service and in the absence of the Head Chef
- A passion for people, food and wine.
- Experience with rostering, ordering and stock control.
- Reliable car and drivers license.