Sous Chef - Saffire Freycinet - Coles Bay, Tasmania
Winner of a multitude of awards in Australia and internationally including the AHA Award for Best Overall Hotel and World’s Best Boutique Hotel – Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice™, Saffire Freycinet surrounds our guests with luxurious comfort. Saffire is situated in an area of Tasmania’s east coast that has an enviable reputation for premium aquaculture and agriculture. We work with a daily parade of crayfish, scallops and deep-sea fish lifted dripping off the boats and plump oysters and mussels farmed in the pristine waters of great Oyster Bay.
We are currently looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our talented team, working as a 2IC to Executive Chef, Todd Adams. Our Sous Chef will work across all facets of the luxury hotel, and will be dedicated to provide tailor-made gourmet moments for guests that enhance the genuine flavours of home-grown produce. You will be a hands-on leader, with experience ideally gained in a hatted restaurant. With a team of 10 -14 Chefs, you will care about your team, and have a focus on mentoring and developing your people. Above all, you will be focussed on providing exceptional experiences for your guests, by showcasing the amazing produce Tasmania has to offer.
To be successful for this position you will:
• Have experience as a Sous Chef (or Junior Sous looking for next step), with experience in fine dining
• Have exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to coach, mentor and develop your team
• Experience in and a passion for innovative and gourmet cuisine
• Be financially savvy, with the ability to work within budgets for food and labour costs
• Have a values and principle lead work ethic and attitude; and
• Have a vehicle and current drivers licence
We can offer you a competitive salary package, including subsidised accommodation, meals on shift and other company benefits. We are committed to providing work/life balance for our employees.