Restaurant Manager - Whitsundays
qualia, Hamilton Island, is an oasis of Australian style, combining award-winning luxury with intuitive friendly service.
The meaning of qualia is “a collection of deeper sensory experiences” and this is what qualia uniquely delivers. Situated on Hamilton Island, qualia is a private oasis in the Whitsundays and the Oatley family’s world-class boutique luxury resort.
Dining at qualia’s hatted restaurant, Pebble Beach, and beautiful Long Pavilion, is a true luxury experience. Of course, coupling these superb restaurants and food experiences is our qualia team, all individually chosen for their professional skills, intuitive service, and warm personas.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Restaurant Manager to work with the Executive Chef to achieve consistently high standard of service, and ultimately create memorable dining experiences for our discerning guests.
In conjunction with senior management, you will be responsible for day-today management of the Pebble Beach and the Long Pavilion restaurants, working closely to ensure both venues meet financial, operational, legislative and service aims while maintaining the highest levels of guest service.
- Maintaining an energised, motivated and highly skilled team and ensure a high standard of guest satisfaction
- Overseeing floor service ensuring it is to a fine dining standard, while still relaxed and intuitive
- Coordinating service and production with the kitchen, stewarding and bars to achieve a consistently high standard of service and product thus ensuring high levels of guest satisfaction
- Event planning and management to create extraordinary experiences for our guests
- Managing the full life cycle of each team member – recruitment, rostering, appraisal, development, coaching and mentoring
- Managing cost, budgets, labour costs, wastage and stock control for the restaurants
- Compliance with all statutory, WH&S and HIE standards, procedures, and processes
This role is a full-time position living on the stunning Hamilton Island.
You are a true food and beverage professional, with experience at management level in the hospitality industry, and particularly in fine dining.
You strive to excel in your career, and you succeed. You understand the prestige of leading the team from the front and leading by example. You have a meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining the highest standards reflect your dedication to excellence. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with a customer-centric mindset, enable you to connect with both your team and guests, creating an inviting and enjoyable atmosphere. You adapt and are resilient in the face of challenges, paired with a positive attitude, contributing to a harmonious work environment. Additionally, a genuine enthusiasm for mentorship and a collaborative spirit underscore your commitment to the personal and professional development of your team members. These personal attributes collectively contribute to the overall success of the team, creating a memorable and refined dining experience.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Leadership skills – Demonstrated leadership capabilities in managing a team. The ability to inspire and motivate team members, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment, is crucial.
- Luxury experience – Demonstrated operational and administrative experience in a venue with degustation, fine dining and award winning/ hatted restaurants within a luxury lodge or five-star resort environment. Strong technical knowledge including service, cuisine and wine.
- Guest experience – A keen focus on delivering an exceptional dining experience for guests, with an understanding of fine dining service standards. You should be adept at maintaining high levels of customers satisfaction and ensuring extraordinary service is delivered at all times.
- Adaptability – The ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment, responding effectively to challenges and changes. Flexibility in managing unexpected situations is crucial in the high-pressure setting.
- Attention to Detail – Meticulous attention to detail and consistently maintains the restaurant’s high standards.
- Communication skills – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with the team and guests. You should be able to articulate the company’s vision, mission and values, ensuring effective collaboration among staff members.
You will also have:
- Current drivers licence
- Nationally recognised responsible service of alcohol qualification
- Recognised food safety supervisor qualifications or ability to obtain
- Intermediate Microsoft skills
- Certificate III in Hospitality Operations (desirable) or demonstrated relevant experience
- Very attractive salary
- Subsidised (Salary Sacrifice) furnished staff accommodation
- Staff perks – discounts on venues, retail, activities, subsidised staff café and $15 pw gym membership!
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
Part of the Whitsundays and in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Hamilton Island is one of Australia’s most spectacular and sought-after holiday destinations. Surrounded by pristine white beaches, and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life, the island boasts 4 resort options, over 20 different culinary options, a championship golf course, a luxury Yacht Club and of course the award-winning qualia resort.
Hamilton Island is much more than a great place to work – it’s an amazing career opportunity.