Pastry Chef - Kangaroo Island
Globally celebrated and the winner of multiple, prestigious awards since first opening in 2008, Southern Ocean Lodge is set to reopen in late November on Kangaroo Island (KI) after it was destroyed in the 2020 bushfires.
Southern Ocean Lodge is part of Baillie Lodges - an Australia-based collection of 10 award-winning luxury lodges with properties in four countries and across three continents.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a CDP level Pastry Chef to join our Southern Ocean Lodge family on Kangaroo Island.
Southern Ocean Lodge’s food philosophy very naturally, is underpinned by the glorious gastronomic abundance. Actively sourcing growers who adopt sustainable farming practices, one of the hallmarks of our cuisine is the close relationships we have with local Kangaroo Island artisan food producers. You will work with the culinary team on our daily changing menu that is inspired by fresh local and seasonal produce.
With an expected start date of October, this position offers the ultimate lifestyle while enabling the successful candidate to continue their career in a professional hospitality environment. This is an ideal time to join Baillie Lodges, with strong growth and career opportunities as the group continues to expand on a global scale.
You will have…
- Significant Pastry Chef experience, ideally in the luxury segment
- The willingness to support the kitchen and broader lodge team in day-to-day operations
- The highest level of attention to detail
- Potentially strong supplier relationships – or the ability to develop and nurture these relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of guests and team members
- A great sense of humour and the ability to instill this approach in your team
- Salary – $70,000 pa – inclusive of onsite individual accommodation unit with ensuite, and all meals included
- Enjoy the staff facilities – use the outdoor gym, tend to the garden or take one of the bikes for a ride to the beach
- Team and family accommodation discounts across all Baillie Lodges properties