Operations Manager - Kununurra
G’day Group is the undisputed leader in regional travel, with over 85 properties across Australia’s most sensational destinations. We have a range of the best accommodation to bring people, places, and communities closer together.
Say g’day to more of Australia and join us at El Questro, the heart of the Kimberley. Set amid the vast and ancient landscape of Western Australia’s East Kimberley, this tourism icon is one of Australia’s last true frontiers. We are proud co-custodians of this treasured site, with its deep gorges and majestic ranges, to thermal springs, mud and salt-flats, rainforests, and cascading waterfalls. Join our team and immerse in an outback experience that combines luxury and adventure to connect people to nature, networks and communities.
Reporting to the General Manager of El Questro, the Homestead Operation Manager’s role is to ensure our luxury lodge continues to provide the intimate and exceptional level of guest services and experiences it has become world renowned for. This exceptional level of guest service has allowed the Homestead to be a proud member of Luxury Lodges of Australia.
As the host and key point of contact, you will be an excellent and natural communicator, genuinely enjoy connections and building professional relationships with guests, extremely well organised and have a natural rapport with our guests. Previous management experience of a similar nature and a strong background in modern a’la carte restaurant service is a requirement for this seasonal position.
Passionate, professional and results driven manager to join our dedicated team for the 2022 season. Someone with exceptional focus and an absolute commitment to delivering the highest standard of service, assisting in the creation of a luxurious and yet relaxed outback guest experience.
- You will be the face of the property, greeting, key point of contact and fulfilling guest expectations
- Show your passion and professionalism to your team and encourage the same, creating an outstanding culture
- Delivery of personalised guest service to the highest standard.
- Manage a team of approx. 22 overseeing all Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and working with the Maintenace team
- Creating a top standard service for every guest
- Manage financials with support of GM including all staff rostering
Skills & Experience
- Proven hospitality experience managing a Luxury Resort or Lodge
- Excellent time management whilst adaptable and accountable to guest’s requirements
- High level of communication skills
- Strong knowledge of high level food offering and extensive wine knowledge
- Experience in front office (highly regarded)
- Proficient with operating RMS system, specifically Newbook
- Passion and enthusiasm for guest services in a world class boutique environment
- Impeccable eye for detail
- Meticulous grooming and presentation standards
- Strong leadership, being capable of training and developing a tight knit team
- Diploma of Hospitality Management or equivalent an advantage.
- Approved Manager Card, WA Liquor Licensing.
- Food Safety Certificate.
- Manual/Open Driver’s License.
- Advanced First Aid/First Aid Certificate favourable.
- Managing the El Questro Homestead
- Advance your career
- Future opportunities within the company
- Strong package on offer with free accommodation and meals
- Be a part of building the team you want around you
- Leadership and ownership role
- Strong support from General Manager and Head Office
- Relocation assistance
- Access to EAP
- Extensive employee benefits – discounted flights, accommodation, car hire
- Discounts across 300+ G’Day and Discovery Parks throughout Australia
The way we manage our environmental and social responsibilities has a far-reaching impact. We’re strongly committed to growing with care through supporting our people, giving back to the communities we operate in, and protecting our environment.
This is a remote role, where you will be living and working at El Questro. As such, please consider the reality of living in a remote location for an extended period of time. G’day Group offers competitive remuneration and remote living benefits. We also offer career development and learning opportunities including structured training programs and on the job experience and mentoring.
Discover more to life – APPLY NOW!
This role includes extensive manual handling tasks including lifting up to 20kg kneeling and squatting, as well as handling chemicals and utilising machinery
**Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.