Guide - Coles Bay, Tasmania
Guide at Saffire Freycinet
Do you have a passion for creating life long memories? And showcasing the best of Tasmania’s East Coast?
Saffire is internationally renowned for its exceptional guest service and its unique approach to highly personalised and immersive visitor experiences. Saffire is among the world’s finest Luxury Lodges, located on Tasmania’s pristine east coast at the spectacular Freycinet National Park and has an impressive list of prestigious accolades under its belt.
The guiding department at Saffire enhances the daily experience of our guests through education and creating excitement about Freycinet National Park and Tasmania’s East Coast. You will be involved with running a large variety of tours, including but not limited to – walks through Freycinet National Park, Guided Kayaking and Bird watching in Great Oyster Bay, Bespoke Whiskey and Wine tours to some of Tasmania’s most celebrated wineries/Distilleries and working with endangered Tasmanian Devils in a world class enclosure. Importantly you will be a point of knowledge for our guests, many of whom are living out their dream to see Tasmania’s wild and rugged East Coast in a Luxury setting.
You must love the outdoors and be comfortable working in a variety of weather conditions. You will also need the ability to work in a close knit team of guiding professionals and the confidence to self-manage the experience while out on tour.
To the role you bring with you;
- A desire to learn, develop and continuously improve,
- Flexibility and reliability to work across a variety of shifts which include may include 10 hour days,
- A current Tasmanian drivers licence with PPV provision (or willing to obtain),
- Food and beverage experience in serving and presentation,
- Elements of Shipboard Safety; ESS (or willing to obtain through training programs provided to you),
- First Aid (or willing to obtain through training programs provided to you),
- Previous experience working with animals,
- Confident swimmer, fit and healthy, comfortably be able to walk 10kms and lift 25kg, and
- Equipment maintenance and familiarisation with basic tools and repairs
In joining the team at Saffire, you will gain exposure to working with great industry mentors, supported by our values based and principle led ethos. You can also expect to benefit from a number of exclusive internal benefits, such as subsidised staff accommodation, meals, and numerous opportunities to grow your career across our other award winning properties in Hobart.
Saffire is in a beautiful remote, Tasmanian location, but you are still only a two hour drive away from Hobart and Launceston.
To apply, visit www.saffire-freycinet.com.au (careers section).
If you require further information or have questions, please contact Guiding Manager Isaac Bengtsson via email email@example.com