General Manager - Spicers Peak Lodge - Maryvale, Qld, 4370
A truly rare and unique opportunity to join Spicers Retreats as a General Manager in waiting at Spicers Peak Lodge.
This position has come about as a result of our future growth strategy. The successful candidate will be learning from the onsite GM with the assumption of elevation to the GM role within 3 months.
As the General Manager in waiting of Spicers Peak Lodge, you will be a hands-on host who delights in providing guests with bespoke experiences. Overseeing the Front Office, Housekeeping, Spa, activities and the Restaurant, you will drive your team to ensure a seamless operation and will be integral to delivering an exceptional guest experience – each and every time.
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of the property; developing and implementing business strategy; and delivering budgeted growth, revenue and profit targets.
This is your opportunity to be involved with a premium brand that is growing and evolving.
About Spicers Peak Lodge
Perched atop a mountain on 8,000 acres in Queensland high country and just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane CBD, Spicers Peak Lodge offers an exclusive, intimate Australian wilderness lodge experience. The Lodge sits 1,100 metres above sea level with views across to the surrounding peaks.
From untouched rainforest and rugged mountain escarpments to the pristine backdrop of World Heritage Listed national park and ancient volcanic regions, there is no shortage of unspoiled wilderness to experience and admire.
What our team loves about Spicers;
- Providing an unforgettable experience to our guests – delivering the ‘wow’ factor
- Our supportive culture and not taking ourselves too seriously – we love celebrating
- Being confident in their future through our training & development opportunities
- Our passion to build teams that are passionate, positive, enthusiastic, motivated & honest – we live & breathe our values of happy, humble & smart.
The role and key duties;
- Leading, inspiring and developing an exceptional team of hospitality professionals to achieve agreed goals.
- Ensuring the products and services delivered are consistently of the highest quality and continually improved and that every guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
- A thorough understanding of the business model and the ability to implement continuous and positive change as necessary in order to grow profit in all areas of the business and across all market segments.
- Championing the marketing and Brand at a local level in order to drive bookings.
- Actively providing overall hands-on management of the business, and ensuring all reporting requirements and administrative tasks are completed using approved business systems.
Criteria required to be considered;
- Experience in a leadership role within the hospitality industry, ideally a luxury property or boutique hotel;
- Experience in Food & Beverage, preferably fine dining;
- Experience managing P&L, COGS and business expenses;
- A high level of business acumen. You must understand how to operate and market your own business and maximise revenue across all departments;
- Excellent communication skills, a professional and friendly demeanour and a willingness to tackle every aspect of the business with a hands-on approach and a positive attitude;
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm and a proven track record of leading, motivating and growing successful and loyal teams.
Please note only successful applications may be contacted.