General Manager, Operations (Wild Bush Luxury) - Hybrid/Flexible Location
Wild Bush Luxury, now part of Experience Co (ASX:EXP) operates exclusive lodges and safaris in remote and stunning wilderness locations in Australia, where we aim to connect our guests to the bush through experiences that are inspirational and thought provoking. This includes The Maria Island Walk in Tasmania, Bamurru Plains in the Top End of the NT and Arkaba, a private wildlife conservancy in the Flinders Ranges in South Australia, where we also operate the Arkaba Walk.
Our purpose is to connect our guests to the bush with meaningful and educational experiences throughout Australia. As the tourism sector rebounds and our portfolio continues to grow, we are looking for a General Manager, Operations to support and lead our teams to success.
In this newly created leadership position, you will oversee the delivery of our wilderness experiences across the Wild Bush Luxury portfolio through the development of our lodge teams and implementing standards one would expect of a luxury experience. No two days are the same in this exciting role, where you will divide your time between managing day to day operations, project delivery and preparing the portfolio for growth.
Reporting to the General Manager – Wild Bush Luxury, some of your other primary responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that luxury hospitality standards are developed and maintained across all experiences
- Focus on maintaining and activating Wild Bush Luxury’s 4C’s of tourism; Conservation, Community, Culture & Commerce
- Recruiting and developing the best field guides in Australia to deliver a unique experience to our guests
- Reviewing operational budgets and ensure profitability is maximised across each asset
- Communicate with Lodge and Camp managers on day to day operational and people issues with a solutions orientated mindset
- Ensure all compliance requirements are met across each unique asset
- Assist in group wide projects including the development or identification of sites for further acquisition
Does this sound like the job of your dreams? We are looking for:
- Experience in managing remote operations essential, with at least 2 years in a luxury asset preferred
- This role Is flexible on location but will require travel from time to time
- Experience as a multi-site General Manager in either tourism or hospitality desired
- Commercially savvy, with a track record of delivering profitable operations
- Excellent and effective verbal communication skills, with good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and conflict resolution experience
The serious stuff:
We take our team and guests safety seriously, so you will require:
- Completion of our company Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol testing
- Proof of current covid vaccination
How to Apply?
If you have the demonstrated experience and skills required to be successful in this role, APPLY NOW via SEEK or through Luxury Lodges of Australia.
SEEK Link https://www.seek.com.au/job/56476714
Please use your cover letter to indicate your previous experience, interest in Australian travel and nature as well as any other reasons why you feel this role is suited to you.
Your new career awaits you.