Food and Beverage Manager - Kimberley, Western Australia
El Questro has a truly unique opportunity for an experienced fine dining Food and Beverage Manager! Dining is one of the Homestead’s many memorable pleasures for guests. With breathtaking scenery as your workplace, this is a hugely satisfying role to be part of creating a luxurious and yet relaxed outback experience for our guests.
EL Questro is located in the spectacular east Kimberley one of Australia’s most unique and untouched locations. Just over an hour’s drive west of Kununurra, WA, this property has something for everyone.
Reporting to the Operation Manager, the Food and Beverage Manager’s role is to ensure our luxury lodge continues to provide the intimate and exceptional level of guest services and dining experiences for which it is world renowned. The Homestead is also a proud member of Luxury Lodges of Australia.
As the host and key point of contact, you will be an excellent and natural communicator, extremely well organised and have a natural rapport with guests. Previous management experience of a similar nature and a strong background in modern a’la carte restaurant service is a requirement for this seasonal position. Leading a small team of professionals, you will have exceptional focus and commitment to delivering the highest service.
The successful candidate for this role will possess:
- Proven hospitality experience managing a Resort or Lodge restaurant;
- A hands on management of all bar/restaurant operations;
- Ensuring delivery of the highest quality service, product and presentation at all times, and mobilising the workforce to strive for the equivalent in excellence;
- Updating wine lists and menus as required in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Purchasing Officer;
- Resolution of guest complaints in regards to service and food quality, with the intent to utilise the opportunity for recovery to leave a lasting and positive impression;
- Maintenance of staffing levels, appropriate to limiting costs but ensuring excellence in service standards are not compromised;
- Passion and enthusiasm for guest services in a world class boutique environment;
- Impeccable eye for detail;
- Meticulous grooming and presentation standards.
- Previous F&B management experience, preferably within a unique five star hospitality environment;
- Proven organisational, leadership and planning skills;
- Demonstrated customer-focused and highly visible approach;
- Diploma of Hospitality Management or equivalent an advantage;
- Approved Manager Card, WA Liquor Licensing;
- Food Safety Certificate;
- Manual/Open Driver’s License;
- Advanced First Aid/First Aid Certificate favourable.
As a hands on, efficient manager you will be focused on organising the daily operations at the Homestead allowing your team to deliver a superior guest holiday experience in an immaculately presented environment. Your outgoing friendly personality will create a warm, welcoming guest environment where their needs are always anticipated in advance. This is a fabulous opportunity for you to be a part of a dynamic team that is passionate about providing a truly memorable experience to their guests.
This is a remote role, where you will be living and working at El Questro for the duration of the season. El Questro offers an energetic and social working environment whilst providing the opportunity to explore our amazing backyard which offers exceptional barramundi fishing, remote waterfalls, thermal springs, endless gorges and the Cockburn Ranges as a backdrop. Delaware North offers competitive remuneration and remote living benefits. We also offer career development and learning opportunities.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please hit the apply button!
Employment may be subject to a satisfactory National Criminal Record Check.