Executive Chef - Lord Howe Island
With sculpted mountain peaks rising dramatically from jewel-toned waters, World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island sits off Australia’s coast 700km north of Sydney. Celebrated as the Islands’ pinnacle of luxury Capella Lodge rests atop romantic Lovers Bay. An inspired architectural design welcomes spectacular views of the ocean, reef and mountains into the Lodge.
A regional approach to cuisine ensures the finest and freshest produce from Lord Howe Island and New South Wales is showcased in every inspired menu. Featuring superb quality ingredients headlined by the freshest line caught fish; the menu changes daily with the seasons, providing a constant source of delight to guests.
As the Executive Chef at Capella Lodge, you’ll have access to premium and sustainable produce. You’ll incorporate local ingredients that bring a real taste of Australia to the menu. It’s a small, hands on, hard-working team, recognised for its benchmark standards in hospitality and tourism.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for innovative food
- Great team player
- Proven experience in a similar cuisine / remote location advantageous
- A love of nature and all that Island life has to offer
Offers and Benefits
- Competitive package includes furnished accommodation, meals & utilities as well as a generous tenure bonus scheme
- Career development and progression opportunities with Australia’s premier collection of Luxury Lodges
- Living and working on Lord Howe Island is a once in a lifetime experience!
- An opportunity for a hospitality trained partner to also join the Lodge