Executive Chef - Lizard Island Resort - Cairns
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and passionate Executive Chef to join and lead our kitchen team at Lizard Island Resort.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager and the Kitchen and F&B teams to maintain and build upon the culinary excellence which Lizard Island Resort is famous for and continue to exceed our guest expectations. The position of Executive Chef oversees our famous Saltwater Restaurant and also the Marlin Bar (a public bar on the island). Alongside this we offer our guests beach-side dining options, degustation dinners and picnic lunches. Responsibility for designing menus and preparing staff food also falls within the scope of this position.
To be successful you will be a passionate and talented individual with demonstrated success at Executive Chef or Executive Sous level, within 5 star properties or fine dining restaurants. Your passion for enhancing the culinary experience for guest satisfaction, along with demonstrated evidence of running effective and efficient operations and strong leadership skills will be your key to your success in this role.
As the Executive Chef you will be responsible for the areas of;
- menu planning & design
- inventory control
- managing food & labour costings
- report writing
- training and development of your team
- ensuring compliance with HACCP
What you will bring to the role;
- A Certificate III (Commercial Cookery) or equivalent with an excellent understanding of Food Safety and HACCP principals
- Extensive experience in managing kitchens within 5-star hotels or resorts or Hatted/Michelin Star establishments
- Experience with a range of dining services including A la carte, fine dining and degustation
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to work well within a team
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and costing new menus
- Strong attention to detail
- The skills to manage food and labour costs, and overall profitability
- Computer literacy and conversant with the Microsoft suite of programs
- Excellent service standards, with strong guest focus
Off shift you will be able to experience Lizard Island on the reef or on land, from snorkelling, diving, paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, visits to the Research Centre, tennis under night lights, morning yoga on the beach to many more fun staff activities, you really can achieve the easy going life many people dream of.
This is a “live-on” remote location role. Working in a remote location is not for everyone, so you must think carefully about the reality of living in a remote location for an extended period of time.
In return we offer a truly unique working environment with some great remote area benefits including subsidised accommodation and meals, discounted holidays and regular social events.
To learn more about Delaware North Companies & Lizard Island Resort visit our websites: www.delawarenorth.com & www.lizardisland.com.au