Executive Chef - Daintree
Silky Oaks Lodge offers guests a stylish escape in the cool calm of the Daintree Rainforest. Set above the gently flowing Mossman River and among the leafy canopy, the airy, open spaces of the main lodge envelop guests in the sights and sounds of an extraordinary natural theatre.
Silky Oaks Lodge is part of Baillie Lodges – an Australia-based collection of 10 award-winning luxury lodges with properties in four countries and across three continents.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Chef to join our Silky Oaks Lodge family in the Daintree Rainforest. This is a unique opportunity for a talented and driven chef to take the next step in their career by aligning themselves with a group that is on the move, dedicated to a sustainable style of hospitality, and presenting a food offering that celebrates local suppliers and produce.
Silky Oaks’ food philosophy very naturally, is underpinned by the glorious agricultural abundance – whether it be from our modest Kitchen Garden or from the local farmer ‘up the road’. As the Executive Chef at Silky Oaks Lodge, you’ll be responsible for creating menus that blend tropical freshness, modern Australian tastes, and subtle Indigenous touches inspired by the Daintree Rainforest.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a service-driven leader with a passion for empowering, developing and motivating your team to succeed. Your energetic and flexible leadership style will complement your commitment to compliance, health and safety, and effectively managing payroll and food costs.
Are you someone who is less interested in chasing hats and more excited by putting simply delicious food in front of their guests? This role requires someone who can effortlessly move between leading the culinary direction of the lodge as well as being a hands-on leader who can support the small kitchen team in daily operations.
This is an ideal time to join Baillie Lodges, with strong growth and career opportunities as the group continues to expand on a global scale.
You will have…
- Significant experience in kitchen management, ideally in the luxury segment
- A hands-on approach to driving your team and the offer
- A passion for all things food & beverage, with experience in F&B management
- A great sense of humour and the ability to instil this approach in your team
- The willingness to support the kitchen and broader lodge team in day-to-day operations
- Strong financial management skills and organisational abilities
- The highest level of attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial drive and spirit, with a sense of creativity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of guests and team members
- Great salary package including 6 weeks annual leave each year
- Accommodation provided as part of the package
- Team and family accommodation discounts across all Baillie Lodges properties
- Live in the heart of the Daintree rainforest and explore this unspoilt wilderness