Duty Manager - Far North Queensland
The new-look luxury lodge is set to reopen in October 2021 and will feature a reimagined main lodge hub with spirited jungle vibe, six stunning treehouse-style suite categories, inclusive rates and a revitalised guest experience of Tropical North Queensland. The magnificent Daintree Rainforest and tranquil Mossman River will of course remain the star attractions!
The regeneration of Silky Oaks Lodge led by Baillie Lodges embraces a more contemporary feel for the lodge, while playing to the property’s original rainforest influences.
Driven by a commitment to provide a real ‘sense of place’ for guests, this is a senior role within the lodge team covering all facets of the day to day operation.
- Relevant and extensive premium hotel/resort management experience in a remote working environment where initiative, organisational and advance planning skills are essential.
- Outstanding guest relations and communications skills and the ability to relate to and host guests from a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Food & Beverage Operations, Guest Services and Room Division processes
- Ability to adapt to operational changes as required
- Willingness to work shift work including overnight responsibilities on a rotational basis
- Knowledge of relevant statutory/regulatory requirements impacting on resort operations such as Liquor and Accommodation Acts and Environmental Legislation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Tourism / Hospitality Management or equivalent experience.
This is a full time role commencing in August 2021