Duty Manager - Far North Queensland
Silky Oaks Lodge offers guests a stylish escape in the cool calm of the Daintree Rainforest. Set above the gently flowing Mossman River and among the leafy canopy, the airy, open spaces of the main lodge envelope guests in the sights and sounds of an extraordinary natural theatre.
The Silky Oaks team is close-knit, attracting hospitality professionals from around the world and creating a remote family for guests and staff alike. Renowned for their relaxed and friendly first-name service, our people offer the magic that keep our friends returning for more.
We are now looking to secure a Duty Manager to join our Silky Oaks family. Driven by a commitment to provide a real ‘sense of place’ for guests, this is a senior role within the lodge team covering all facets of the day to day operation.
- Someone who is genuinely passionate about ensuring excellence in service delivery and complete guest satisfaction.
- You will take a hands-on role to assist in the efficient and smooth running of the lodge operations, welcoming guests, motivating and encouraging team members
- Ensuring all the behind-the-scenes logistics are operating seamlessly
- This is a job where no two days are ever the same!
What we’re looking for
- Relevant and extensive premium hotel/resort management experience in a remote working environment where initiative, organisational and advance planning skills advantageous
- Outstanding guest relations and communications skills and the ability to relate to and host guests from a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds
- Sound knowledge and experience in Food & Beverage Operations, Guest Services and Room Division processes
Click here for a preview of life at Silky Oaks Lodge.