Chefs - Bamurru Plains - Top End of the Northern Territory
Who are we?
Wild Bush Luxury forms a part of the Experience Co. group (ASX: EXP) which is an adventure tourism company founded in 1998 with the vision of becoming the largest and most respected adventure tourism company in the world. We offer the best of the best in adventure experiences with numerous locations throughout Australia and New Zealand.
As a business, we empower our employees to do what they do best – deliver extraordinary experiences.
Wild Bush Luxury immerses you into the exotic landscape of the stunning Flinders Rangers, South Australia. Arkaba is recognised as one of the most beautiful outback properties in the Country, with its rich Aboriginal history going back thousands of years and a geological history that dates back to hundreds of millions of years. Immerse yourself in the story of the ancient landscapes and relax under the stars. Offering down to earth, yet attentive level of service, our team of hosts and guides are passionate about the area and its wildlife. A truly magical experience all round.
You are an experienced Chef with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar remote setting. You hold the relevant qualifications and have a keen eye for detail. You have a passion for Australian cuisine and strong knowledge of industry standards.
About the role
We are seeking a Chef who will be based at Bamurru Plains, a member of Luxury Lodges of Australia. Catering up to 30 guests at a time, you will connect them to the country through food experiences that combine native and local produce, quality standards and dining theatre in a style that is uniquely Wild Bush Luxury.
This is a fixed term position until 4th November 2023, with the opportunity to return next season based on performance. Join us for an exciting opportunity to make an immediate impact and potentially extend your journey with our team.
- Managing the kitchen so that standards of hygiene are met and meals are delivered on time
- Delivering a standard of cuisine that is commensurate with top lodges around Australia and elsewhere in the world
- Assisting in sourcing of food to fit the agreed budgets
- Assisting in the design of menus to fit with a bush environment and with food that is of gourmet standards but in an unfussy yet innovative style, that is uniquely Australian
- Providing an informal yet focused level of service to clients that allows then to feel at home in remote bush land
Benefits and perks
- Competitive Remuneration
- Accommodation and food provided
- Employee Benefit Discount Program to check out our products
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional leave purchase plan
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Training and study assistance provided
- Career pathways developed to get you to the next level
Don’t miss out on joining a leading company that welcomes innovated ideas and is dedicated to providing quality services. If you are ready to escape the ordinary, apply now.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Experience Co we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.