Chef - Flinders Ranges, South Australia
Arkaba is a 60,000 acre private wildlife conservancy in the heart of South Australia’s Flinders Ranges. The position is based at Arkaba Homestead, a member of Luxury Lodges of Australia, and also supports the provision of food for the Arkaba Walk, a 3 day overland walking safari and member of Great Walks of Australia.
Purpose of Job:
To connect guests to the country through food experiences that combine native and local produce, quality standards and dining theatre in a style that is uniquely Wild Bush Luxury.
1. Delivering meals at Arkaba to fit with a bush environment and with food that is of a gourmet standard but in an unfussy yet innovative style, making use of native ingredients that identify the cuisine as uniquely bush Australian.
2. Maintaining the Arkaba Walk menus and dining experience for a maximum of 10 PAX and three staff whilst simultaneously catering for a maximum of 10 Homestead guests
3. Delivering a standard of cuisine that is commensurate with top lodges around Australia and elsewhere in the world
4. Providing an informal yet focussed level of service to clients that allows them to feel at home.
5. Provision of meals for staff
• Provision of 3 major meals (breakfast lunch & dinner) each day
• Provision of refreshments for guided activities on the property
• Sourcing food provisions in line with budgets
• Liaison with Lodge Manager for support staff at meals
• Soliciting client feedback in making improvements to the menus and service
• Ensuring the maximum hygiene of the kitchen and lodge building
• Generating ideas for developing Arkaba’s standard of cuisine and style of service
• Interacting with guests in the lodge to ensure the best possible experience for clients
• Assisting where necessary with other camp management activities e.g. keeping the lodge building and guest rooms clean
• Assisting in general service delivery in camp
• Meeting and greeting of guests