Chef de Partie - Lizard Island - Cairns
Delaware North at Lizard Island Resort have an opportunity for an Chef de Partie at the 5 star property located on the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, just over an hour’s flight north east of Cairns, QLD.
We are the northern most resort on the Great Barrier Reef, and a luxury lodge of Australia, Lizard Island is a truly serene property just away from the rest of the world. This is just one wonderful Lizard Island facts that makes it like nowhere else. Add 24 private beaches, and with only 40 suites and villas, that means a private beach for every guest, couple or group and still room for the staff to enjoy!
Dining is one of Lizard Island’s many pleasures. Saltwater Restaurant embodies the resort’s understated elegance. The menu, which changes daily, is fresh and creative, showcasing the finest local produce and freshest seafood, and for those very special occasions we offer private beachside dining with personalised degustation menus.
About the Role;
We are currently looking for a skilled CDP who has previous high end experience and has moved up the ranks over a good period of time, so that they are confident to handle any area of the kitchen. This is a LIVE ON ROLE, with a range of of benefits we are looking for long term staff who want to continue to progress their career, not just at Lizard Island but within our GLOBAL BRAND.
What you will bring to the role;
- Experience working in a high end or hatted, modern, a la carte kitchen for a minimum of 3 years
- Extensive knowledge of cooking techniques across a range of international culinary styles
- Ability to work autonomously
- Passion for guest service and experience
- Attention to detail and ability to achieve highest standards of food quality
- Proven success in managing, developing and motivating a small kitchen team
- Friendly and flexible disposition that provides high levels of guest service and encourages feedback
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- High level of professionalism in the workplace
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Personal grooming standards suited to a guest focused business
- First Aid certificate desirable
ff shift you will be able to experience Lizard Island on the reef or on land, from snorkelling, diving, paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, visits to the Research Centre, tennis under night lights, morning yoga on the beach to many more fun staff activities, you really can achieve the easy going life many people dream of.
Working in a Remote location is not for everyone, particularly if you are used to the bright lights & fast paced life of the city, so you must think carefully about the reality of living in a remote location for an extended period time. In return we offer a truly unique working environment in one of the world’s most amazing locations.
To learn more about Delaware North Companies and Lizard Island Resort, visit our websites: www.delawarenorth.com.au and www.lizardisland.com.au
Employment may be subject to a satisfactory National Criminal Record Check.