Chef de Partie / Commis Chefs - Maryvale, Qld, 4370
- Hourly pay – pay for every hour worked including overtime and penalties
- Job is located in Maryvale, QLD
- Team Accommodation available to the right candidate
About The Peak Restaurant…
Perched atop a mountain on 8,000 acres in Queensland high country and just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane CBD, Spicers Peak Lodge offers an exclusive, intimate Australian wilderness lodge experience. The Lodge sits 1,100 metres above sea level with views across to the surrounding peaks. From untouched rainforest and rugged mountain escarpments to the pristine backdrop of World Heritage Listed national park and ancient volcanic regions, there is no shortage of unspoiled wilderness to experience and admire.
With such a uniquely Australian setting it’s only fitting that our restaurant, The Peak, is an exceptional dining experience. With a menu created by our talented head chef Dean Alsford and using only the best of Australian produce sourced as locally as possible, this is truly dining at the height of luxury.
What our team loves about Spicers…
- Providing an unforgettable experience to our guests – delivering the ‘wow’ factor
- Our supportive culture and not taking ourselves too seriously – we love celebrating
- Being confident in their future through our training & development opportunities
- Our passion to build teams that are passionate, positive, enthusiastic, motivated & honest – we live & breathe our values of happy, humble & smart
We have a new and exciting opportunity at The Peak Restaurant. Our new Chef de Partie or Commis Chef will be an integral part of delivering The Peak experience to our guests, whether it be for a conference, leisure group or for our dining offering.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Deliver our inhouse dining menu inspired by local ingredients, prepared utilising creative preparation techniques;
- Curating an unforgettable and personalised experience for our guests from start to finish;
- Leading your section during lunch and dinner service.
This is how you’ll know you’re right for this role…
- Chef trade qualification (essential);
- Previous experience as a Chef de Partie or Commis Chef in a fine dining, hatted environment (essential);
- Ability and willingness to commence work a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays (essential);
- Located close to our restaurant or a willingness to relocate;
- A passion for people, food and wine;