Activities Guide - Spicers Peak Lodge, Maryvale QLD - Maryvale, Qld, 4370
- Hourly Pay including overtime and penalties
- Team Accommodation available to the right candidate
About Spicers Peak Lodge…
Perched atop a mountain on 8,000 acres in Queensland high country and just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane CBD, Spicers Peak Lodge offers an exclusive, intimate Australian wilderness lodge experience. The Lodge sits 1,100 metres above sea level with views across to the surrounding peaks. From untouched rainforest and rugged mountain escarpments to the pristine backdrop of World Heritage Listed national park and ancient volcanic regions, there is no shortage of unspoiled wilderness to experience and admire.
We have a rare opportunity for an Activities Guide to join the team.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Provide guided walks to Lodge Guests;
- 4WD / CanAm Experiences;
- Guided Mountain Bike Tours;
- Manage and maintain walking and mountain bike trails;
- Manage and maintain mountain bike fleet and other activity equipment;
- Engage guests and ensure they have a truly memorable experience;
- Vigilant attention to safety at all times and ability to respond to an emergency.
This is how you’ll know you’re right for this role…
- Relevant or relatable experience – minimum 2 years guiding experience within the Luxury sector;
- First Aid trained or willingness to become accredited;
- 4WD off-road guiding experience;
- Mountain biking experience (preferred);
- Good knowledge of Astrology (preferred);
- Extensive flora & fauna knowledge (or a genuine interest);\ and ability to provide relevant information and interpretation to guests;
- Some food & beverage experience (preferred);
- Must embody our values of Happy, Humble, Smart;
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to complete tasks with little supervision;
- Outgoing, positive, honest and caring attitude towards guests and colleagues;
- A commitment to ensuring the safety, health and welfare of our guests and team at all times through actively using training material and other sources to enhance knowledge.
To be considered for this role, candidates should possess (or be willing to obtain) the following:
- Senior First Aid Certificate and/or Wilderness First Aid and/or Remote Area First Aid;
- Open Drivers Licence;
- Food Handlers Certificate