ACTIVITIES GUIDE | QLD | SPICERS PEAK LODGE, SCENIC RIM | Full time - Brisbane Queensland
COME JOIN US AT SPICERS RETREATS!
- All Inclusive Lodge hosting up to 26 guests
- Located 2 hours South-West of Brisbane with onsite staff accommodation available
- Situated on 8,000 offering range of outdoor experiences
About Spicers Retreats
Spicers Retreats boasts a collection of spectacular, award winning properties set in multiple locations throughout South East Queensland and New South Wales. Our luxury retreats are notorious for providing an unforgettable experience complete with gourmet cuisine, attentive service and refined comfort.
As our Full Time Activities Guide you are responsible for providing a range of outdoor experiences, through educating and showcasing the stunning natural surrounds of the region. Activities are offered daily on a group basis, as well as private tour, including 4WD, hiking, mountain biking, stargazing and wildlife tours.
Stunningly situated on a mountaintop in Queensland’s Scenic Rim, Spicers Peak Lodge is as far from the pressure of everyday life as it’s possible to be. With breathtaking views of the World Heritage listed Main Range National Park, Spicers Peak Lodge is situated within 8,000 acres of Spicers Peak Station, offering luxury, all-inclusive accommodation, award winning dining, and unique experiences.
* Conducting all activities offered at the retreat in a professional and safe manner
* Ensuring all activity equipment is maintained in good working order
* Offer knowledgeable, personable and quality service to each and every guest
* Ensuring all Activity Service Areas are maintained to quality and safety standards
We are seeking a Guide with:
- Love for the outdoors, are active, fit and healthy and enjoy interacting with people
- Previous experience working in eco-tourism, preferably as a Nature Guide;
- Experience or interest in Mountain Biking
- 4WD experience
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Current Driver’s Licence, open C class with ability to drive manual
- Good Communication Skills
- Good time and organisational skills
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- A solid knowledge or the ability to acquire knowledge of Fauna and Flora within the local area;
- Ability to assist in other departments of the business where required
- Available to work most weekends with work times generally Wednesday to Sunday
The opportunity to work with one of the most passionate teams in the industry… a team that is genuinely happy, humble and smart.
We celebrate our successes with great food, fine wine and good humour at our quarterly ‘Spice Nights’ and annual Awards Night. Aside from our festivities, your hard work and dedication will be recognised and rewarded through:
Thoughtful mentoring, training and support from a warm and encouraging team environment.
Genuine opportunities for progression across our business
Generous accommodation and dining discounts across our beautiful retreats